1) BACKUP ALL DATA!
2) Rebuild Desktop:
3) Zap Pram:
4) Run Disk FirstAid on all hard drives and volumes.
5) Update hard disk drivers:
If you need to TestDisk (for Bad Blocks), TestDisk is in Drive Setup> Function's drop menu.
Note: Repeat step 4 on all HDs.
If you Initialized with a thirdparty utility FWB, Silverlining, ect. you need to get their latest updater and run it here.
6) Reselect boot hard drive:
7) Run all Mac OS Updaters:
8) Update all 3rdparty applications, drivers, firmwares:
9) BACKUP all data, then Optimize/Defragment Norton Utilities SpeedDisk is what I use.
Norton CDs are very particular what Macs they will boot and what OS they will safely work with See Beware: DiskUtilities.
by: ©2003 G. BALLARD • www.gballard.net
Note: G. BALLARD prefers a shredding if he is wrong or unclear.